Mixing Carrier Oils

Hi all! I'm hoping someone could help me with something that has been stuck in my brain lately! ;) I'm currently trying out making cyclomethicone dry oil sprays and have been doing tons of research on which carrier oils I want to use based on their skin benefits, shelf life, etc. The problem is that I have 5 or 6 I want to use and can't decide on just one, so I thought about creating a mixture of them all (and then add that to the cyclo). Is 5 or 6 too many different carrier oils to blend into an "oil base" of sorts?

All the oils have a pretty stable shelf life (2 years or more) but I've never created a definitive "oil" that I'd like to use with my bath & body experiments across the board. I have read that there is the caution that if there's a skin reaction, it will be difficult to identify the troublemaker. Any advice? :) Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to know is experiment. There are only 2 reasons I would think that would be too many, but as I don't make a dry oil spray or roll on I'm not sure. The first being that is a lot of oils to keep at a small percentage. You would have to keep the oils at rather small %'s to keep the overall percent of the oil phase low. 

The second thing is labeling. You would have to label each oil in descending % amounts with the INCI name on the label in order to be in labeling law compliance. That could potentially take up a lot of room. 

Other than that, if those 2 factors don't bother you, I really don't see why you couldn't use that many oils. As I said, experiment and see if you want to take the time to measure them all out, and then if they work. That's best/worst part of this business. The experimentation. :)