Soy Pillar Wax?

DasBreenee

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm in the process of creating my own wax tarts to start my own mini business. 

I have been making my own parasoy mixture for my tarts, but I'm having a few issues. 

Currently, I am using Ecosoya Pillar Blend. I've just now started hearing, apparently bad things about this wax? So I'm wondering if that's what's causing my issue. So I would like to test out a different pillar soy wax. Thing is, I'm having a hard time finding websites that have anything but Ecosoya. I'm also wanting a fragrance load of 10% at least. 

Maybe you can help me decipher my issue. I make my wax, and I get a GREAT throw using this Ecosoya wax with the paraffin wax I use. But, it takes about an hour before it really starts to throw. And that's in a 24w hot plate. I've also tried bulb warmers as well. I love the container paraffin wax I'm using because it has a good fragrance load and really holds the fragrance. The pillar soy was just to harden it because I was also having a hard time finding a pillar paraffin with a stronger load than 7%. 

On June 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Vicky_CO said:

If you are looking for a faster melt time you might look to votive blend over pillar blends.

The melt time isn't an issue at all actually. The wax melts decently fast, it just takes for ever for the fragrance within the wax to actually warm up and start smelling. 

Try moving your burner to a different part of your house. Air flow with burners makes a big difference in how fast and how far anything throws.

High traffic areas can actually move the scent away from the burner to fast and until the scent has built up you will not smell it as well. They same can be said for a room that sees little or no traffic you will not smell it till it has built up enough to smell unless you are standing right over it.

Your customers only ask that they throw well in a reasonable amount of time and a good throw at an hour is a reasonable time.

• Like 1