Long lasting melts?

WaxAttacks

I have been testing waxes like a mad woman to find the perfect melt. I want strong ct and ht and something that lasts. I found a good ct and ht in a 4627/4625 blend but that only lasts for a few hours. Do you think Soy adds longevity to melts? I've worked with parasoys and am so impatient, I don't care for cure times, but I would revisit soy or parasoy if it meant my melts would last longer.  Suggestions on wax blends? 

• Like 1

I tried the 4627/4625 combo, but it just did not yield the results I was looking for. I know some that have used it very successfully, with beautiful results. It just didn't work great for me. I do not have any experience with soy myself, but many have said that soy adds depth to bakery scents. I am not sure if soy would add the longevity that you are after, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to test it out. Good luck,  

• Like 1

From my own experience I feel like the longevity of tarts depends more on the fragrance rather than on the wax itself.  Using the same wax, I will have some fragrances that last a few days, and some only last a few hours. Make sure to test lots of different fragrances before you give up on your blend. I've had great luck with the 4625/4627 combo. Good luck!

Guest OldGlory

There are many variables in tarts and warmers, the fragrance tarts produce, each person's ability to smell things, etc. Too many variables to count.

There are also many threads in the wickless section for suggestions on dealing with those variables.

Best bet? Try 10 waxes (or wax combinations) and use the one that works best for you. There isn't one answer that is right and one that is wrong, not one wax/wax combo that is the best - just the one that is best for you or for me.