Which Essential Oil Stick in CP Soap?

TAH

I want to try some soaps scented with essential oils but really don't want to waste money on ones that fade in CP soap. Does anyone have suggestions for me? Also do you find that essential oils vary in strength from supplier to supplier? 

I want to try some soaps scented with essential oils but really don't want to waste money on ones that fade in CP soap. Does anyone have suggestions for me? Also do you find that essential oils vary in strength from supplier to supplier?

Some tenacious ones, IME, Lemongrass, Peopermint, Eucalyptus, some lavenders, some lavandins, tea tree, patchouli. Many others.

Before using and essential oils and fragrances, it is a good idea to become familiar with usage limits. Not all are used safely at the same rates. Look for IFRA certificates on the commonly used ones to learn more. Visit sites like Wholesale SuppliesPlus.com and NaturesGarden.com for examples of IFRA certificates with the various categories.

Yes, they can vary in quality greatly from supplier to supplier. Learn the INCI (Latin) names for you oils to help figure out which is which. It is like cracking the code :D

• Like 2

Thanks I'm glad to see lemongrass and lavender on your list. I was going to try both of those from WSP today but I stupidly did not order fast enough on their big sale day today. Sigh. I will check the safe use limits on all thanks for the advice and the tip about the INCI being the "code". I guess I'll look at Natures Garden since WSP is out of stock on almost everything right now. 

I agree with Talltayl, and all of those she mentions sticks for me in cp soap. Sweet orange 10 fold is good, and clove. Clove is very potent, and can be a skin irritant.Usage rate is low. Star Anise is another EO that sticks well in cp.

I agree with Talltayl, and all of those she mentions sticks for me in cp soap. Sweet orange 10 fold is good, and clove. Clove is very potent, and can be a skin irritant.Usage rate is low. Star Anise is another EO that sticks well in cp.

Folded citruses can be very good. Can't wait for lemon to come back down to earth.

Litsea cubeba is super potent and sticks well. Blends well too. Check your usage rates on it too, esp for leave on products.

Spices like clove and anise have extremely low usage rates (less than 1%), so have a good scale and light hand :)

Other stickers: rosemary (spanish or tunisian), spearmint (low usage rate) and some peppermints. Rosemary Mint (rosemary, peppermint and spearmint) is always a popular scent for my crowd.