Revisiting 464 Blend

I recently did a 50/50 blend using 464. All was well until it reached the 1/2 way mark, then the flame got really high at 2 - 3 hours and I needed to trim. I decreased the wick size, and the flame isnt as tall, but I don't reach a FMP as quick. My question is in order to rectify the tall flame and still get a good size FMP, should I add more soy or paraffin? I am using the 12 oz. status jar. Thanks

Edited by Grani L

Guest OldGlory

You didn't mention which other wax you are blending with 464.

You need to wick that jar for the burn the whole way thru the jar, not just the top.

Sorry- blending with 4630. - Will the flame tame its self if it continues? I was using an HTP 1212.  The flame grew pretty high and needed to be trimmed before 3 hours - with a nice Liquid FMP of about 1/4 inch. I put in an HTP 126 which the flame was not as high, and a totally different type of Melt Pool - it just made it to the sides, but from the side view, it wasn't completely liquid. I will burn it again tomorrow continuing with the HTP 126. Got a Big Mushroom with the 126 that I did not have with the 1212.