6006 and 464 question

Hi all. I have been lurking in the shadows for awhile now and love reading all the topics. You all are so knowledgeable and helpful. I am currently using/testing a 6006 and 464 blend and have one giant question. I know 6006 likes a higher poor temp and 464 behaves better with a lower, what is a good temp to start with when they both like different temps?

• 1 month later...

I m testing 464 and 6006 . im using the 464 at the higher percent  and the 6006 at the lower I don't know why I decided to test this combo ...I guess im crazy.. but I like both of the waxes ... how long should I cure?

funny you post this because i recently purchased 6006 (a parasol blend)for wax tart testing.  I have got say i like 444 much much better for my candles. For me the scent load is much better and i use a solid 10% FO.  My supplier suggested i use 6006 for my wax tarts, since i asked for advice on how to make it more sliceable.  My observations so far are that @10% The 6006 can't handle the FO. I get sweating, leaking etc on the bottom of my melts.  So my next test batch will be @ 8%. In addition i made a small set of candles with 6006 and wood wicks.  I get a lot of Black smoke, and my guess is it's the FO and the Paraffin in the wax.  For me...I will stick to 444 and 464 for my candles ( i use 444 in the Spring, summer, Fall and 464 in the winter only) but if i can get the FO  right i think the 6006 will be perfect for my wax melts.