Wicking small rounded apothecary jars

Guest OldGlory

Which Premier wicks have you tried? I don't know what the diameter (at the widest point of the entire jar) is for the apothecary you are asking about. There's a chance it is too wide to single wick with Premiers.

I am looking to double wick. I used two eco 2's and it seemed to do well in the test. Burned for 4 hours both times and still had a lot of wax left. Took a while for the burn to completely melt off the edges.Even burn afterwards and killer scent throw. The jar was hot after 4 hours but better then the eco 4's. Eco 4's burned too fast and tunneled. The 2's work but always seem to be flickering and almost struggling

Guest OldGlory

Trappeur is really good at multiple wicking large jars/containers, but if my memory serves me she uses cd wicks.

I have never double wicked a jar. When the jar is big I pull out wood wicks.

With Premiers I think I would try a double wick with something between a 760 and 770. I use a 785 or 790 in a 3" wide tin (8 oz tin). I can go down to a 780 in a tumbler of the same diameter - it's taller and holds the heat.

Guest OldGlory

I don't use either of those jars. I am pouring 8 oz tins, very large jars that are 4" in diameter in which I use wood wicks, and the sq libbey (medium cube - Dollar Tree), also wood wicks. Because of the frosting issues with dyed candles, my client wants a parasoy in the jars. Very different wick requirements.

Edited: and I use the occasional tumbler - only because I sent out some samples and they are leftover.

Edited by OldGlory

Glory,

Hmmmm well I do have 8oz tins and will try your suggestions with those. I have no idea about wood wicks lol. Wouldn't even know where to start. I have ordered ecos from candle science and premiers from aztec. I seem to enjoy the premiers more. Great scent throw and great burn. Only issue that I have with both are dancing flames.I am adding 6% fo and some dye with 464. Testers say that they love the candles but I can't figure out why the flame is always dancing. No draft! Sorry to bother you but is a dancing flame a bad thing?