Wooden wick question

Guest OldGlory

What I have learned about woodwicks is that you have to burn an entire candle, from top to bottom, to see if your wick is going to work. In the 6" tall containers I use, the wick almost looks like it's going to go out in the last 1/4 of the candle. Otherwise it gets too hot. That's why I taper the sides of the wood wick near the bottom.

I can't tell how long yours has been burning.

Guest OldGlory

If the glass got extremely hot you need to down size. Are you using 2 wicks back to back? One wick? What size is it and from whom did you buy it?

That's my Kodie in the picture. (I had to say goodbye to her a month ago) She was part border collie and part black lab. Do you have a picture of your dog?

Im using Candlewic, 2 larges back to back. It's a 3" madison jar.  I'm going to try some more combos tomorrow.

Im so sorry about your Kodie.  We had a border collie, Buddy, that we lost last year. He was the best dog ever.  Cinder came along from a rescue a few months later.  We were told he was a shepard mix.  He's great with the kids, but recently has started eating our couch.   For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to post a picture from the reply box here unless I have a URL.  

I'll try and put them as my profile picture so you can see them....Well, that is my couch eater.  If you click on the profile photo, you'll see Buddy in the snow.
Edited by thebeesknees

Guest OldGlory

Cute pics of your pups! It's hard to let them go, isn't it? But the memories are so sweet.

I don't know how the wood wicks from Candlewic compare to the ones from Bittercreek size-wise, so I can't help you. But it sounds like you are off to a good start. You have to start somewhere, right?