Newbie needs assistance Paraffin Wax. First time use what type is best? Fragrance Oil who sells strongest oil?

I am getting ready to use a Paraffin wax. I want to make pillar candles and Cut and curl candles. Which is best type to use?  I have purchased all my molds. However I have only made soy wax candles. I currently use Candle Science but there shipping rates are RIDICULOUS!!!! I am looking for a new Supplier Can you recommend a good one? I live in southern Illinois. I have no problem buying from several suppliers but knowing who they are is not easy. I spend hours online looking. I was wondering which supplier has the strongest fragrance oil? I am new to this and have limited funds. So I really need some seasoned help. Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Guest OldGlory

I can suggest 1343 and 1274 for paraffin pillars. I have never made cut and curl, so I can't help you there.

As far as fragrance oils, there's a lot of information at your finger tips in the Fragrance Discussion category. Everyone has differing opinions (as you will see in that category) so it's best to see for yourself.

I use Bittercreek North, Aztec, Candle Science, and Rustic Escentuals mostly.

There are no shortcuts... you have to test every single fragrance in every wax for yourself. Unfortunately that gets expensive, but it's the only way to do it. I don't think there are many people on this board who have spent less than $1000 in the testing process before they sold a candle. Some have spent WAY more than that, many 1000s of $ more - just on testing.

It's a great hobby and for some a nice source of income. Enjoy!

IMO the best wax for it's versatility in making pillars and cut-n-curl candles is the IGI1343A, with a little microcrystaline added when making the carved candles. (that will help the layers adhere to each other better, without splitting) 

I would search suppliers for the IGI1343 to see which might be closest to you for shipping purposes. 

As for FO's, that is incredibly subjective. There are sooooo many, and so many with very high quality suppliers that it's hard to narrow down just one or even a couple. The best advice I can give there is search this forum, it has great advice as to suppliers. 

I use mostly Peak and Nature;s Garden for most of my supplies, but that is mainly because I am a creature of habit and started out with NG and then found Peak and realized they were local to me, carried my wax and viola! NO SHIPPING. It's great. 

OG was posting at the same time I was, so this is sort of repetitive but as she said, this is not a cheap hobby, and even if you eventually sell, you will most likely spend hundreds, possibly thousands before you sell your first (safe) candle. But the journey, experience, and learning are so worth it! You will love it if you keep with it and give it a chance. 

• Like 3