Apothecary Jars (Wicking)

For those of you that use 6006 , do you use find that wicking florals, fruity, and clean scents require smaller wicking than bakery, vanillas and musky / woodsy scents in an apothecary jar? I will be double wicking the apothecary jar using CD Wicks.

Thanks.

I do not ever use bakery/food scents - I like earthy/woodsy scents, clean scents, herbals, some florals.  I have tried double wicking with CD6's and they were too big using 1 oz fo/lb, & 1/2 color chip.  I double wicked with CD4's but still have not had a chance to burn yet, but I have a feeling these *may* also be a tad large.  I haven't been too anxious to do so since I am loving the great scent throw from the zinc wicks with the 6006.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. :)

I am really liking the 6006 - the throw is incredible!!!  I had mac apple burning earlier, but the MP was pretty deep. - using CD Wicks.

I love the 6006 too!  Great throw! 

I don't like using the CD wicks with this wax though.  Have you tried the zincs? 

No I have not tried zincs yet. I may be able to get away with not double wicking. I am definitely going to test it, but I will look into a wick that does not burn as hot, yet still get the exceptional throw.

I made a lame, half-hearted attempt at trying to single wick that jar before I got frustrated - I'm not the most patient person, lol.  I really didn't want to double-wick, but couldn't get the great hot throw with a single CD or the largest zinc wick.  Good luck with it and I hope to hear your results. :)

No I have not tried zincs yet. I may be able to get away with not double wicking. I am definitely going to test it, but I will look into a wick that does not burn as hot, yet still get the exceptional throw.

Just to update:  I did start burning the the 16 oz. apothecary with the (2) CD4 wicks this past weekend.  I thought it would be too much, but after lighting it, I then thought it was underwicked.  I let it burn for several hours - power-burned, both Sat. & Sun, with wimpy flames. it did achieve a good MP, with good hot throw.  It seems once it 'settled' itself, it did pretty well, much to my amazement. I will see how it goes burning all the way down and keep you posted. The jar did get very hot though, and the zincs burn cooler & give off, IMO, better scent throw, which is why I use them.