Difference between body spray and perfumer's alcohol?

Darbla

I'm sure there ARE differences, but I'm trying to figure out if it's enough to warrant me buying an extra item (perfumer's alcohol) if the body spray base I have already is close enough.  This is for my own use and not something I'm selling.

Or I'm wondering if I could just use vodka in place of perfumer's alcohol?  I think I've heard of that but if it's really not that great of a substitute I'd rather not waste my perfume oil.

I have a perfume oil (not one of our FO's we discuss here) that is waaaaay strong so I'm wanting to dilute it out a bit.  And I have an empty perfume spray bottle (glass), plus body spray base and vodka.  But if either of those two dillutant options are really not nearly as good as perfumer's alcohol, I might need to just suck it up and buy some.

TIA!

Sounds kinda like you answered your own questions. But I will say that there isn't much difference between PA over Vodka for personal use. Body Spray base on the other hand although it contains a high-evaporate solvent can also incorporate many other additives including a glycol fixative and an agent to produce a more luxurious dry feel. Depending on use, you might have better luck using straight vodka (Everclear) if this is for personal use only.

• Like 1

Everclear is not the same thing as vodka, but thanks for reminding me of that.  I had forgotten about it, and I think that is essentially the same thing as perfumer's alcohol.  The PA has something added to make it bitter and undrinkable.  Thanks!

• Like 1