Community Candle Supply New Owners

grama

I got the email as well and it likely explains the situation in which Community has put me. 

I order oils from suppliers every week. I have never opened each bottle that arrives to see if it has changed. 

As usual, I used the last of an oil that is 1 of the 2 oils I buy from them. One, blended with an oil from another supplier is a best seller for me. 

I opened a new bottle I ordered from them and while it is not unusual to see a vast color difference bottle to bottle, the scent was NOTHING like the one I have used for a couple of years. I poured it to be certain. I emailed Paula and was told that "the oils are from a manufacturer who blends them for her to order so scent and color will only deepen over time". Umm. NO. First, the notes are different and I pour pounds of oils each week. I do not have oils "curing", waiting to be at a stage that they can used. I expect oils come to me ready to be poured.

So, at the worst time of year (my busiest) to be scrambling for replacements, that is where I am. I think I have a replacement now for the 1 oil and the other I use from them I still have a half a pound so I have a couple of weeks to recreate a blend before running out. I decided to check that new bottle from them as well and it also seems different. Both are lighter and smell cheap. That will never fly with my customers. They talk and understand scent notes. There is no quickly replacing an oil and hoping they do not notice. 

The first oil I poured and sent out to 2 customers who buy pounds of wax in my scent blend that uses that oil along with the control from my current inventory. They were marked with test letters. Both, independently, reported back that the cup was nothing like the other, even unlabeled. They knew right away.

I have one less supplier now and a couple of pounds of useless oil.