WE are our worst enemies

Guest OldGlory

Here soy wax candles are just starting to get popular and I already noticed some writing false soy benefits. Could anyone message me a website that has aggregated facts on real soy/paraffin wax cons/pros and differences?

Here soy wax candles are just starting to get popular and I already noticed some writing false soy benefits. Could anyone message me a website that has aggregated facts on real soy/paraffin wax cons/pros and differences?

Wilkas, there are 2-3 recent threads in the general candlemaking section of the board that link to the NCA (National Candle Association) site that has some very good very detailed information on this very subject. 

If you cant' find them, let me know and I'll try to link you. 

Guest OldGlory

I think the main complaint about paraffin is that people believe as paraffin burns that toxins are emitted. The Okometric study explains this better than anything I've seen.

There is a commercial site, candlesetcetera.com/soy_vs_paraffin.html .

It's not a perfect explanation but it's a good start.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for trying to debunk the craziness! I've settled on Comfort Blend paraffin as my fav wax, but today am burning one of my old 6006 parasoy candles that I made when I first started pouring and I'm heck of impressed NOW with the HT and the quality of the fragrance. It's peanut butter and maple syrup in an 8 oz tureen with a 64 zinc.