Need an opinion !!!

Okay so I have been experimenting with double wicking and I'm stuck between two wick set ups I use 454 was and htp wicks and I'm using a 16 oz flint jar it's 3.5 inches if I remember correctly. Here's the issue when I use two htp 73 wicks I achieve a full melt pool in about three hours but it is only about 1/4 inch deep then when I go up one size to two 83s I get a full melt pool much quicker and it's a little on the deep side between 1/2 inch and 5/8 of an inch. Keep in mind I'm double wicking this jar to get a better and quicker hot throw. Which set up would you guys recommend ???!?!

You also need to remember your jar and FO are working against you. The jar creates a chimney effect which cause the jar to retain heat. The further down you go in your jar the deeper the melt pool can become. Now you FO for this test may be 73s but for a different scent it could be 83s to have the same burn. 

As a rule of thumb try to use the smallest wick you can that will do 2 things one your candle will burn cleaner, second it will burn longer. Also the hotter your wick the greater chance of just burning off the FO instead of releasing it which is what you really want.