Updated pics of Pepto candle!!!

cozyaromas

[ATTACH]3985[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3986[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3988[/ATTACH]

I like doing this so much I decided to add votives, too!!!! :grin2:There are a couple of new pics attached: one showing a seam, one showing the bottom of the candle (I need to really clean this up), showing the top of the pillar, and some votives with wick pins.

post-425-139458390235_thumb.jpg

post-425-139458390238_thumb.jpg

post-425-139458390241_thumb.jpg

post-425-139458390243_thumb.jpg

The best way to judge the end color is to spoon out a bit and let it cool/harden completely. I've noticed that colors tend to lighten as they become solid, then darked back some once they've cooled completely. Not usually as dark as the liquid sate, but inbetween somewhere. If you leave the wax on a spoon until it's solid then stick in cold water, you can actually watch the color change from the edges inward. Yup, I like to play in wax :grin2:

As for the releif holes, yup, that's normal. You will have to repoke them again. After a couple times it wont seal over anymore. You can wait just a bit longer for the first poke too and only have to do it once.

But for some strange reason when I poke my relief holes, hot wax covers them up. Should I wait, until it solidifies a little bit more than try poking again or is this normal.

Yes, it's normal. Yes, let it set up some more. Yes, make bigger holes (even though you didn't ask)