M&P ?

Tara

What would cause M&P not to harden all the way. I have never had this happen I usually use the goat's milk base but this time I mixed GM base with Shaving soap base at 50% and used .5 fo per# oh and a little steric which I usually add to the GM anyway. It doesn't to seem to want to harden all the way and is of course stuck in the molds. These bases are from WSP which I have never tried the shaving soap but have used the GM before.... ANy thoughts or ideas ????

How long has it been sitting in the mold & what's the temperature in the room where the mold is? The heat is the only thing I can think of, since you didn't mention adding any other oils or liquids other than the .5 oz fo. I've mixed various bases frequently and it's never affected the bar's hardening ability.

If the m&p base was okay (the right hardness I mean) prior to melting it down & adding your fo - then I would think if you put the mold in the fridge for a little while the soap should harden up enough to come out of the mold. The downside to this though is that putting the soap in the fridge for awhile can sometimes encourage the soap to start sweating when you remove it and bring it back to room temp.

When I've made large m&p bars in really hot weather it's sometimes taken overnight for them to harden up the way they are supposed to.

hth,

Lisa

I finally got it out but it's very soft. You can make an indentation it the soap with your finger. (BTW Temp in the room was about 75) I tried another batch leaving the shaving base out and it did the same thing. I am using another suppliers base which I had never used before so now I am thinking that may be it but at the same time the base was hard to start with so I dunno :rolleyes: It's either that or the fo I am using but I really wanted some soap in this scent for myself :( I have another batch cooling with my reg suppliers base and if it hardens then I guess it was the base I don't know I am confusing myself as I type.

It a scent called "Clean" from NG It smells so well clean and would be perfect for soap. But I haven't ventured into anything other than M&P so I guess I won't be using it for soap :( I may try one more time using less than .5 oz per # and see if that helps but now I am almost out of soap I had to throw away almost 4 lbs already :(:(

I had to throw away almost 4 lbs already :(:(

Ouch...that hurts!

I'm just starting out with M&P but have read alot about the different ones, and I don't remember seeing any base that says to add more than 2% FO. I'm thinking your fo % was too high. Please update when you try out your next batch. Curious minds :confused::)

Ouch...that hurts!

I'm just starting out with M&P but have read alot about the different ones, and I don't remember seeing any base that says to add more than 2% FO. I'm thinking your fo % was too high. Please update when you try out your next batch. Curious minds :confused::)

I thought she said she had added FO @ .5 pp. That's way less than 2% unless I read it wrong.