Does the type of burner, warmer etc effect TS?

mystic sowles

Fogive me if this topic has been discussed already.  I tried searching for past posts on it but didn't see what I was looking for.  There are so many different types of Burners, Warmers, etc on the markets today.  Does it matter what you use to heat your tarts in?  I still use the older style hot plate with a ceramic or glass bowl to melt the tarts in as well as burn my container candles on.  I have posted before that I have a vanilla in a 4 oz pyrex type bowl that I have over 40 hrs of melt time.  It still smells fabulous and I still have many more hours of melting before it's done.  How I managed to make this I don't know.   I have not been able to do another one since.  Anyway, I would love to hear back from you on this question.  In case I have any customers ask, I want to be educated on the topic.  I have googled the topic and as with any product every company has it's bragging rights, so I thought I would ask here and get real feedback from real users.

Penny

Guest OldGlory

Yes, there are numerous threads on this same subject. Of course it matters what melter/warmer you use - they heat at different rates, and so will burn off fragrances slower or faster.

I am not certain what you mean by TS. I assume you are asking about hot throw and longevity.

I agree with OG. Part of your testing, before establishing your wax blends and selling, is testing your wax blend in a various warmers. Light bulb and plate style warmers are most used so I tested extensively with those. I now need to get a Glade warmer and test my wax in that as so many are now using those. I did a survey in my wax group and it was split between bulb and plate warmers. Some voted that they used both.

In selecting my final wax blend I made certain that my wax performed equally well in both types of warmers.

ETA: I added an FAQ doc to my group page. I am always asked what type of wax I use, if it needs cure time and what warmer I would recommend. You are correct in that people will ask and you will need to have evidence/testing to aid with your answers.

Edited by justajesuschick

Guest OldGlory

In addition to the type of warmer, air flow in the space they are being melted in makes a difference (AC versus no AC, ceiling fans, etc). 

These same variables will effect the perceived hot and cold throw from a candle. Lots to consider.