Reed diffusing total newb

Turtle Wax

Ok, it can't really be as simple as I'm thinking can it?

Get some kind of container for your oil, add oil, insert sticks.

I'm thinking I wouldn't mind selling these retail in my eventual candle store. Can y'all point me in a good direction to learn more about this? Vendors, pros/cons, legalities, business hazards, etc.?

I think it depends on the oil.  Oil designed for candles can be different than oil designed for diffusers and may not be very effective.  I do know that there is a CPSC regulation stating that reed diffuser oils can't contain more than 10% hydrocarbon content (By weight).  This came about because if a child aspirates the liquid (Gets into the lungs when trying to spit it out) it can be fatal.  The candle fragrance manufacturer may not be taking that into account.  Since you are in Michigan you shouldn't have to worry about CARB (California Air Resources Board) regulations on VOC's.  I'd ask the fragrance supplier and see what they say.

Sorry, I don't know any good resources.  The company I work for works directly with fragrance manufacturers to get diffuser fragrances made ready to use.  You need to commit to some rather large minimums to get them to do that for you though.  We spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year with those manufacturers...