When to poke relief hoes in candles

I just started testing with J225.I was 3hrs into my burn and noticed a small air bubble beside the wick. I was wondering when is the best time to add release holes in the candle when cooling? Where should I poke the holes and how many?

For my pillars, I'm poking them after about 2 hours. I will wait about another 30 mins to an hour and go back and open the holds and then pour my refill. You want poke them when there's a good thick layer and the wax is still pretty flexible. 

• Like 1

Same  as scented...I poke mine about how she does.  I poke 4 holes around wick...probably 1/2 inch off of it give or take.

Thanks everyone. I spoke with my supplier today and was told I do not need to poke holes around the wick. I was told to pour at 195 200 that is only 5 degrees difference than I am currently pouring? I will try it. If it happens to not work I will try the holes around the wick. Just when you think you have it *shudder*