Need help

Ok, here is my delima. I am trying to get this pillar thing down, and im running into a snag. First off, I am using OK6228, only using 1 oz pp, and minimal liquid dye. I did make a mistake and poured this one too hot, so I remelted them and did a repour. First pour was at 175, and second pour was at 185. Can anyone give me an idea of whats causing the blisters? On my second attempt, one came our perfect, but the other had the same type of blistering. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.:(

Dont know why the pic came out so big, but you can see the whitish blister. Also, forgot to add that I did heat up my molds with my heat gun, but may not have gotten it warm enuff.

post-744-139458390148_thumb.jpg

Hope you don't mind a speculation (I don't use this wax) but I don't see any need to point a heatgun at those molds. It's an unnecessary variable that you don't have much control over. Warming the molds is only necessary for special purposes, not to pour a plain pre-blend pillar.

When your wax is at the right temp, just pour it into a room temperature mold. With this type of candle, any necessary adjustments can be made to the wax instead of the mold. For instance, if your room is especially cold you can pour 5 degrees hotter.

First, I'd say you're pouring a bit hot, but that's not the problem here.

I've seen two things cause this. One was a dirty mold.

The other was little bubbles of air in my wax, caused from stirring it too vigorously, or pouring too fast and sloppy. Tapping the mold on the side with a wooden spoon can make the air bubbles turn loose and float to the top. You can help avoid them by not gettig carried away when stirring in the FO and by pouring slowly and smothly. Pretend you're trying to pour a beer, without it getting a head on it.

Finally, it *could* be related to fingernailing. I know it doesn't look like it, but if the other ideas are eliminated...