Stinky Beeswax

I ordered beeswax in and its clean and its in pellets but boy does it stink!  One girl says it smells like a barn and I think it smells like stale cigarettes!  I tried dumping in some CInnamon oil but its still stinky.  Any suggestions?

I have never ordered beeswax in pellets.  The wax is processed more to make the pellets than it has when it is just filtered and molded into bricks  (as I understand it).  Because of this additional processing I have been told that pellet beeswax has very little or no natural honey scent to it.  The lack of honey scent is one of the reasons why I don't buy it in pellet form.  I've never heard of it smelling bad though.  What country did the wax originate from, if you don't mind my asking?

Sue Ellen

I had the same issue. Since my wax is dye free, I thought that it might be fun to add some beeswax embeds (giving a hint of color). I bought a pound of yellow pellets from a Top Rated seller online who also sells oils, butters, herbs and EO's.

Mine was also like stale cigarette smoke. No amount of EO could cover it up. I had to immediately clean out my Presto and quickly make some other melts because my whole house smelled like that.

It definitley did not have the faint, sweet honey smell that I hoped for.