Mineral Makeup

Becky

Ok, after researching mineral makeup ingredients for the past 2 days my head is kind of spinning...

Can anyone suggest the best sericite to use? I'm not sure if I should use the treated kind or not.

Also, can anyone recommend the best brushes to use with mineral makeup?

I'm going to give this a go to see if my sensitive combination skin will readily accept it or not; I've tried mineral makeup in the past and hated it, but I know it's supposed to be better for your skin...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I don't use ingredients that are treated or modified or micronized. I like to use ingredients as natural as can be. I've been making it for 2 years and it brings it good income for me.

For brushes, some of the one I use are the e.l.f brand. You can buy them online or get them at the dollar tree.

What brand of mineral makeup did you try that you hated?

Avon, Mary Kay, Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale....

I discovered that I think the Bismuth Oxychloride was to blame. It felt like there was itchy fiberglass on my skin, or that the coverage wasn't enough, or didn't last, made my pores on my nose look disgusting, etc.

I read that the untreated sericite can make the makeup look ashy once mixed with your natural facial oils, do you find that to be true, Suzy?

I'm just tired of putting my usual foundation on and dealing with breakouts here and there. I figured if I could try and make it myself, I would at least know what I'm putting on my face and gear it towards my skin type.:)

I was going to ask if your makeup had bismuth oxychlroide in it. It's supposed to have fabulous coverage because of the smaller particles but I have never tried it. I learned early on to stay away so I did.

I haven't had anyone complain that the makeup looks ashy for them. I've never had the problem on my face either.

I definitely have less break outs. I actually only get maybe one zit here and there now. I didn't have huge acne problems to begin with though.

Thanks, Suzy! I guess I'll try to whip up a formula without the bismuth and see what happens! I'm very fair so it might be nice concocting a makeup that is actually close to my exact skin color.

I feel a new obsession starting....LOL

Thank goodness my hubby is supportive! hee hee

I was going to order from TKB, is that reputable, do you know? Or is there some place that is better?

Thanks for your help!

haha. It is a lot of fun. It is really nice to be able to mix colors to match my skin exactly.

It is fun to play with recipes and see what works the best. I had some help from someone on this board who doesn't come here anymore. I used what she gave me and then made my own recipes from there. It can be a little discouraging at first but after you get to know the ingredients, you'll get a feel for what you need to add or take away.

TKB is a great place to order from.

Great, thank you!!!

It's awesome coming up with your own recipes and blends...makes it more rewarding.

Oh, I'm already starting to think of all the blush and eye shadow colors I could create!

This could be dangerous! Muhahahhhhhaaaaa! :)