Question about older candles

Hello everyone,

I would like to know everyone's opinion on older candles and how long they last. My reason is that I had a show this winter that had poor sales to a snow storm so I was left with some candles already premade. All my online candles are made to order but I carry an inventory of candles for craft fairs and farmers markets and I just replenish as sold. How long do you think I can keep a candle in inventory before it will loose its scent. They are kept in boxes with the lids on and only opened at shows. I guess bottom line how long before the scent starts to fade in an unburned candle. I am using GB 444 if anyone wants to know. Thanks.

Karen in MA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's not the loss of scent that will get you, it's the frosting!  I made some for fall 2012 and many of them didn't sell, I tucked them away until fall 2013 selling season came around, they frosted so badly that the wax expanded and pushed up over the wick.  They smelled fantastic though! I burned one that I could still see the wick and it was great hot.