pH question

PassionSunKiss

Hey all,

I make emulsified body butters and just decided to buy a pH tester just for the heck of it. To my surprise, my recipe is at 4.6! I was like WTH! Anyhoo, does anyone know of a natural way to get it to a 7 or around a 7? Lotioncrafters has Triethanolamine, but thats definitely not a natural ingredient. The only things I can think of that could maybe be acidic would be the Optiphen Plus, which I use at 1% and FO which I use at 3% (max limit is usually 5%). Other than that I just use SAO, Kokum Butter, Shea Butter, and E-Wax. I can't wrap my head around it. Help!

TIA!!

Edited by PassionSunKiss
add more info

Okay, just looked up the pH of SAO just for the heck of it. It has a low pH of around 4.5, think that could be the culprit? Has anyone else tested their lotion/body butters? Do you think pH is even a big deal? So far I've had no complaints, but still all it takes is one person to have a problem.

Hmm... I never thought of testing the ph, I just thought the beneficial and soothing oils would do just that...

Maybe you could try some baking soda, that would bring the ph up and also cut down on "the greasies" lol! Maybe add just a tad?

Does anyone else check the ph of their body butters/lotion? If so, please chime in, I'm interested as well!!