oil droplets on top of unscented candle

No matter what I do there are always oil droplets on top of my candles when lit. I tried making a candle with no fragrance oil and there's still oil droplets when lit! I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm using gw464 and sometimes adding co or a small bit of palm. What could be causing this?

No matter what I do there are always oil droplets on top of my candles when lit. I tried making a candle with no fragrance oil and there's still oil droplets when lit! I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm using gw464 and sometimes adding co or a small bit of palm. What could be causing this?

CO as in coconut oil? I would venture to guess that's probably the culprit.

I don't see how. As I said I 've tried many candles some with coconut oil but many without. The one I just made with no fragrance at all was 464 with a tsp of palm wax...

Hmm, yeah, that was just a guess. I don't know what it could be then.

I don't work with soy, so ... Maybe someone who does and has ran into this problem will come along and help.

Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you use liquid dyes? I noticed they make droplets on the surface while burning. But only when they're added at a higher temp. Added under 150 and less than 8 drops per lb do not bleed out. I don't know about chips.. never used them. I thought it was the FO for the longest time but noticed it only ever happened when I used too much dye or it was added too hot