Mottling Wax

The polyboost increases the amount of FO the wax will hold, and can increase the mottling as well. No, Peak doesn't have it - in fact, I only know of one place to get it... and would have to look it up! lol Let me know if you want to try a little, I can send you enough to do a little test with.

Hi Isbennis!

Here are a few pics of pillars and floating candles made with mottling wax #1274. I add 5 tablespoons of stearic acid per lb of wax. I love the results I get with this wax. For the 3 layer pillars, I poured into cold 4" round pillar molds. The scents were Butt Naked, Jamaican Me Crazy and Passionfruit & Guava. The yellow candle also turned out pretty good too I think ....It was an order and I believe it was Passion Fruit & Guava. I do not know what the plain green was scented ...I may have used the 4725 for that one as it has no mottling coming through. As you can see I had different results with the colors. I LOVE the lime green in the trio and it seemed to show the mottle the best.....I sold every one of these babies and the scent throw from the tri-scented pillars was awesome! It was really trying for me to figure out three great scents that would kick butt together and these did. :)

post-12341-139458516814_thumb.jpg

post-12341-139458516821_thumb.jpg

post-12341-139458516836_thumb.jpg

post-12341-139458516843_thumb.jpg

post-12341-139458516844_thumb.jpg

post-12341-139458516859_thumb.jpg

Edited by puma52

Thank you Isbennis! I love the bright colors you use in your business and thought of these pics when you posted. Just one more thing....to get a really fantastic mottle, let these candles cool slowly ....if you have some type of box...like a copier box that holds 10 reams, place your warm molds in it before you pour....place the top on it and it will allow your molds/candles to cool slowly. Of course stab this wax as it cools, just like any other pillar wax. You will love the different mottles you get from each type of scent. Keep us posted and would love to see your pics! :)

Edited by puma52

I use IGI1274 from Peak with great success. (I also add Polyboost 150)

Ditto...on the 1274 & polyboost. I pour hot (180*) and wrap the molds with a towel so they cool slowly....with or without the polyboost, I get near perfect mottles with 1274 every time.

oh wow - the place I got my 150 doesn't list it anymore!! Guess I better guard what I have... maybe PamW knows somewhere else to get it??

http://letitshineusa.com/products.asp?cat=18

Well shoot ksranch!! I was thinking that I NEEDED to try the 150 poly boost since there were several that had used it here and liked it with the 1274 ! :) I'll have to do a search! :)

Edited by puma52