FO not incorporating into wax?

Hi everyone,

So I started putting my FO in (~185 in ecosoya CB 135) before my dye so I can see it mix in with the wax. Usually it looks kind of swirly until it completely disappears. Twice now I have poured Cucumber Melon and it looks like there is a bunch of little flakes in the wax. This is the only scent I have noticed this with. I get OK HT with CM but it's definitely not as strong as I would like. Any ideas?

Emily

I have read that some have put the FO bottles in warm water before putting in wax. How hot the water is I am not sure of. I would not get the FO too hot though. Maybe bring it up to about 100 degrees???? Sorry I can't give you more advice on that one. :confused:

Might be able to put it in a microwave for a few seconds too.

Measure your FO in a Pyrex cup and microwave it. I have a weak microwave and will do 30 seconds for 5 or 6 ounces. I never used to heat my oils and they tended to blob in the wax. Also - make sure you aren't adding them at too high a percentage. I have that problem with some of my oils and I really have to watch it. HTH!

-michelle

• 2 weeks later...

You just want to melt any crystals that have formed in the fo. I usually keep my pyrex shot glass on a warmer on low and check to make sure there are no solids in the solution. Sometimes the fo will have instructions to that effect. I've gotten some fos that have a separation type appearance in the bottle and they just don't work efficiently. Hope that helps you.

Steve

Thanks Steve. This looked very strange and I'm wondering if there was another problem besides the FO not incorporating. I decided to do another one the same way I did it before and I didn't have any flakes at all.

Emily