wax testing wait time?

Bumblebeebabe

I asked a question similar to this on the general board. But got mostly answers having to so with wicks. My question is how long should paraffin "cure" or sit compared to how long did soy or parasoy have to "cure"? I did some melts 5 in different wax combinations last night to see what one is better,how long should I wait to warm them for testing?

Opinions differ, of course, but I prefer to let it sit a couple of days - if I use paraffin. Will wait 5 days max if I mix a soy with the paraffin or if I add a wax like 6006 or 6098 (both parasoy) to the paraffin. Hth :-)

I asked a question similar to this on the general board. But got mostly answers having to so with wicks. My question is how long should paraffin "cure" or sit compared to how long did soy or parasoy have to "cure"? I did some melts 5 in different wax combinations last night to see what one is better,how long should I wait to warm them for testing?

Also I have never tested so many at one time before. I made 5 batches with different amounts of the waxes I want to use. Some are just paraffin some are parasoy. So what's the best way to test, sondoo I melt them all at one time just in deterrent rooms or different times?

Did you use the same fragrance in each wax combo? I would not test different combos at the same time. You won't know if you are getting good throw from one, and poor throw in another if the good one covers up the bad one.

Also, if you used different fragrances, well, even in different rooms you have the potential to carry over and really make yourself sick. Some fragrances just don't mix, and I have been chased out of my house when I poured two incompatible fragrances back to back. :(

I would just pick one, and test it in one or two places and then write down everything. Keep good notes and you will thank yourself later. Trust me!!