Done with Fee-Bay

valleygrls98

Sorry guys it's my turn to vent !!! I sell perfume oil on E-Bay and was doing pretty well with it by selling you pick three or you pick five for a set price auctions I've been doing this for months as it is hard to make $$$ selling individual perfume oils because e-bay dips their hands in about 20% of the value. Well E-bay send me a notice today that I can no longer do that because it circumvents fees. So I sent them a notice that I was DONE. I pay about $150 a month in E-Bay fees and that's not including Pay pal. I'm sure they don't care but isn't there a point where it's ridiculous. is there a cheaper way to sell on E-bay that I'm missing. How hard is it to set up an auction site?

$150 a month is a lot. I wonder if that is why so many ebay sellers overcharge on shipping - so as to help offset those fees. I considered having an ebay store briefly - but ditched the idea when I found I could have my own website for a fraction of the cost.

HI,,,I am having a website done and i am putting on the navigation "Garage sale" Items meaning that I can sell other things because I have some egyptian stuff I want to sell BUT dont want to go ebay either,,, I may change the "Garage Sale" differently but I saw someone else do this with baskets (cant remember who) but I thought what a great idea,,HTH,,,;)

I had $200 in fees for November...I about choked! Granted I did well that month, but not $200 worth.

Then paypal on top of it. Damn!:mad: With listing, questions, packages and shipping, you actually put more time into it and get about wholesale out of it.

I think I'll keep my store out there for people to find me, but I don't really plan on listing a ton of auctions. Maybe one or two a week to drive people to check out the store.

You have to list exactly what you are selling. No choices. They didn't catch you, somebody turned you in. Ebay does not police auctions. They let their people do that. More than likely you have competition and they turned you in. I used to list soap and offer if they wanted more bars to email me and I would list the amount for them. KAbam.. not allowed. You are not allowed to list choice of colors, scents etc.

Ebay sellers list the high shipping so they can have the lowest price on the item selling. A lot of people do not check shipping first, they just buy the cheapest one. Check out books for a penney. This is supposed to be against ebay policy, but so many do it. .01 means only a 25 cent listing. Final value is a joke and then they charge 5-10 bucks shipping.

As far as you rfees and ebay missing you. Forget it, they really don't care, they figure you will be back. They have all the customers....

It helps if you figure it as advertising and use auctions to direct traffic to your site. You can't say I have other oils here or direct to a page that has things being sold, but you can indirectly send customers your way.

The ebay store is a nice way to go. It is 15 a month, but they rack you on the final value (8%) to make up for not paying a huge listing fee.

The whole things and the fess are tax deductible of course.

I pay between 500-800 a month. They don't care when I have trouble and have even had them do an upgrade that locked me out of my own auctions. I have between 1500-1800 auctions at any given time. I depend on them for my health insurance and I consider them great advertising.

Websites are very cheap, but you almost have to use ebay to increase your traffic or you must be very well known on the net.

Oh, one other thing, my accountant says if I only used ebay I would most likely get audited. It seems the governement figures you are cheating them somehow if you are ecommerce only. I manitain a shop and a warehouse (new), but will continue with ebay, as it gets me the most exposure for my money.

If you would like some tips on how to incorporate your site into your auction pm me and I will try to help.

I use a nice easy website with store builder, it is $7 a month and hase real time shipping with 300 megs.