Need opinions on this burn/wick please!

Hi everyone! This Amish Harvest has been driving me crazy...these pictures have an LX22 and it seems to be catching up a little more on each burn but would this much hang up be acceptable to you at this point? I've been burning in 3-4 hour sessions and it has yet to reach a full MP (now on the 7th burn). I burned one with an LX24 and it looked great until the bottom part of the jar. The flame got very large and the glass was too hot. Also tested with Peaks C65 and C70 with similar results. Seems like I need a wick option in between...

post-23034-139458516234_thumb.jpg

Emily

post-23034-139458516207_thumb.jpg

I have not used that wax but with C3 (soy) my favorite wicks to use are CDNs, CDs, and Premiers. You could start off trying a CD8, CDN10, Pre 765.

The burn seems ok... I know especially with soy, that it may take until the 3rd burn to attain fmp. I personally like to reach fmp by 2nd burn...but as you've noted, you need to be careful that the jar doesn't get to hot. Try a few sampler packs to see how the different wicks burn and what works best for your wax. I believe you can contact WICKIT and they send out a large assortment of the Premier wicks for shipping cost only (around $5). HTH

Guest OldGlory

I use 464 in a variety of containers and I have switched to Premier wicks. Love them so much!

I would try going one size up in the wick you are using or try a different wick brand. Looks like you are almost there but it seems a bit underwicked to me. Does the flame also stay pretty small and struggle a bit to stay lit?

Thank you both!

Unfortunately the wick size up makes the glass super hot. So far the flame is small but doesn't look like it's small enough to go out. I'm thinking this still has a chance to catch up but I'm worried about those people who may burn the candle for short amounts of time. I don't think this would stand a chance with short burns. I will try your wick suggestions and do some more testing. Good thing I love this scent!

Emily