Craft show crazies asking about suppliers....

I was at a craft show this weekend and I had some pillars on display. This guy walks up and says "you make these"? I respond, "I sure did". He said, "I'm gonna start making them" and I respond "cool". Then he says, "you buy from the co-op". I said where? (thinking there must be some wax co-op I don't know about, lol). Then he strangely says, "you must not be from here". I replied "yes, I'm from here". He then says, "oh, you know - the feed store on Texas Ave". He then asked me where I do buy from...like I am gonna tell him!! I don't ever share my suppliers with anyone at a craft show:rolleyes:

I was at a craft show this weekend and I had some pillars on display. This guy walks up and says "you make these"? I respond, "I sure did". He said, "I'm gonna start making them" and I respond "cool". Then he says, "you buy from the co-op". I said where? (thinking there must be some wax co-op I don't know about, lol). Then he strangely says, "you must not be from here". I replied "yes, I'm from here". He then says, "oh, you know - the feed store on Texas Ave". He then asked me where I do buy from...like I am gonna tell him!! I don't ever share my suppliers with anyone at a craft show:rolleyes:

Nope....no sharing product info you spent your time finding......they need to work harder and figure it out themselves! People are just so simple aren't they?

Guest OldGlory

The nerve! There's always someone looking for a shortcut. SMH

I've had the best luck and the most amusement when I've offered to 'sell information'. "Sure, I have lists and lists of suppliers, but we'll call it a lesson in learning to find candle suppliers and I always charge for lessons." I actually put a sign on a table offering to teach people how to make crystal potpourri for $2500. The class would take 8 weeks, one class a week. Take it or leave it.

I had NO takers and the requests ended. If someone started to ask, I pointed to the sign. It's still a source of amusement!