What makes a one pour container blend?

Candles harden from the outside as they cool off and as the proceess continues, the wax contracts or shrinks. Wax is formulated to prevent loss of adhesion to the outside wall of the container through differing techniques. The initial quality of the soy bean harvest will dictate changes in the formulations and the quality of paraffin refinement may cause a change in formulation. Density is determined by needle penetration and is a form of quality control but is not a guarantee that every batch of wax is identical in quality. Hence, the need for constant testing to make sure that a current batch number has maintained your standards of performance. If you are trying to construct a formula using additives to straight paraffin or soy I don't have the knowledge to recommend petrolatum, coconut oil, ect but rather the mixture of different waxes to achieve the same outcome. My approach is to slow down the cooling process to reduce shrinkage and maintain adhesion by placing in a cooling box with no drafts. Its not 100% but it works the majority of the time with my wax. HTH

Steve