Sprinkles, sparkles and Pretties

doglvr

For the past year just about every vendor I've ordered tarts from are coming with a dusting of sprinkles or glitter and some even have a small embed in the corner of one of the cubes in the clamshell. They're very pretty! Even portion cups are coming dusted on the top with some kind of glitter or fine sparkles.

Is this the new norm? Seems like another added expense, but is everyone doing that now? If so, is there a place to go check out prices? I would imagine buying in bulk versus little containers at Walmart would be more cost effective. Does anyone have a supplier they would like to share?

Just wondering about thoughts on this and how many are jumping on the bandwagon with this and if it adds much extra expense.

Thanks,

Jackie

YES it is popular. I have even seen people on FB commenting on patterns of cello bags and only wanting to place orders if they can get the "ladybug bags" and the like. I am odd man out and do not want any decoration in my melts. Digging out glitter, sprinkles and such from my warmer dishes makes me crazy. I am certainly NOT the norm if I pay attention to wax groups.

When I used to buy from others who made to order, I asked for no beads, charms, glitter and the like. I want a strong melt that lasts, not decoration.

It would appear that this kind of decoration is now the expectation.

I sell mine without the decorations. I did make some one time to see what it was like and the candy was just stuck in the bottom of my warmer.

I love how it looks in photos so I've contemplated doing it only for that reason but I'm not sure yet. I sell my wax melts well enough that I don't know that I really need to bling them up.