butter not setting up

ksranch

so all of sudden, my body butter won't "set up"!! arrgghh!! my recipe hasn't changed, I haven't changed suppliers for ingredients, the environment hasn't changed - my shop has heat/air so... I don't get it!! Any suggestions??? If when I melt the butters down, if I get it too hot - will it affect it going back to semi solid? I can't figure it and I've made like 3 batches with same problem!! Only thing is I did get into a new 'shipment' of Shea butter...but it's the same supplier.... help????:angry2::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

just following up on this in case someone runs into the issue in the future and is searching for help... it was the butter. I got in the new order and made a batch and it worked perfectly again. no idea what is 'wrong' with batch that wasn't working... but at least I know what the problem was

just following up on this in case someone runs into the issue in the future and is searching for help... it was the butter. I got in the new order and made a batch and it worked perfectly again. no idea what is 'wrong' with batch that wasn't working... but at least I know what the problem was

Did they send you the wrong butter? Or was the butter "defective"?

Never happened to me (yet!), but thank you for sharing :smiley2:

I don't really know. The supplier in this case has sent me mislabeled items twice before, but I "caught" it before use. If this is a different type of butter, I cant tell... So now other bad part is I don't want to use the remaining 3 1/2 lbs of it in anything because it might really be something else and thus my product wouldn't be properly labeled. :mad: