Too much dye?

I am trying to make some pillars in the shape of christmas bells for decor in my house. I wanted to try something diffrent but its not working out I am using IGI 1343 A and I have tried a few combos for dye and not getting anywhere. I can't seem to get the little tree to show up. Any ideas?

post-24834-13945851313_thumb.jpg

Well several ideas come to mind. My first question is going to be if that is a real piece of evergreen in there, are you planning on letting the candle burn that low? Reason I ask is it's a fire hazard.

Now as far as getting it to show up better ... first I want to know what kind of additives you have in your wax. I can think of about three to four different ways to make it show up better, but I need to know what additives are in your wax besides dye.

ohh and yes it is real evergreen. do you think it would be better to make it with soy instead?

No. You want translucency.

Sorry to be delayed in getting back with you.

So here are my thoughts:

1) If you can go lighter on the dye, do so, but when inserting the evergreen, make sure that you have the pressure on it against the mold. (does that make sense?) I'm not sure if you just slid the piece into the mold or not, but it should be flush against the mold for better visual.

2) Use a heat gun to melt away some of the wax to get a better visual.

3) You should use at least a UV to keep your color fading, but also look for some translucent crystals. This could help with your visual. It's an extra two steps in the process, but might give you more clarity.

4) You could always sear (lack of a better word) the item onto the candle (use a heated spoon type of thing, gently melt the wax behind the object then using a hot item (spoon came to mind) keep running it over the item until it sticks ... may require an over dip though ... may look cool without)

5ish) On a take from 4 ... carve into your candle enough to fit pieces of your embed and then do the "searing-lack-of-a-better-word" method.

6 ... still thinking.

6ish) Adhere your embed to the mold with some sticky wax/a wax glue and then pour. You will still probably have to anchor the item to the wall of the mold. For instance the mold has a curve, your piece of evergreen probably doesn't, so you'll still need to brace behind the embed. (Make sense?)

Sideline ... also make sure your embed is dried, not like freshly picked. It could cause separation if not ... type of thing. It's like putting water to wax. The two don't combine. If you have a dehydrator you can do it yourself. If you don't, well there are places that sell the stuff too or you can pick some pieces and leave them out for a few days (possibly up to two weeks) and see if that helps. Remember how items were pressed into books between two wax sheets type of thing when we were little?

Hope the ideas help ya out.