My results from test burning 415

I have been testing an 8 oz jj, 1 oz of BCN Lemon Pucker, 4 drops of BCN liquid dye per lb, with 6 different jars. I just made these jars yesterday as I am not really looking for scent throw just yet, just a decent burn and then I will work on the curing, the scents that are good, etc...I know every scent burns differently but I just wanted a ball park direction to go in...I also found a lemon pucker candle that I made several months ago wicked with a Cd 12 and according to my notes, it has burned very well and this is burn #4 for it.

The jars are as follows: These are my results of the first burn....will post the results after every burn so this helps another candlemaker.

First test burn I only tested these 3....

Eco 8 - after the first burn, the melt pool was not as deep as those of its competitors. Looked like it was going to go out.

CD 10 - burned very well...didn't quite make it all the way to the edges....left a little hangup but overall very happy with this burn.

PR 765 - selected this wick because I know I didn't have great results with a PR 767 in C-3 wax..... That wick was too hot for my combination. The 765 in the "mixture" above burned very well but mushroomed quite a bit and the flame was very wiggly. Since I test, in 4 hour increments, it was starting to mushroom a lot and the flame and wick were not as efficient when there was no mushroom if that makes scents.

The second burn I am adding the following jars and I am also burning the other 3 from above to compare.

51-32-18 - used this wick in the past but hate the mushrooming but overall a really good wick. I can't wait to see how this one compares to the others.

PR 755 - so far this wick is struggling. I am not sure how it is going to stand up against the competition. May be surprised though.

Eco 10 - so far, so good.

My kids say it smells like a lemon bomb went off. Despite the fact that these candles were just made, this is a very good scent and I have never had it smell "fuely".

I hopr my testing results help someone. This was a long time coming. I would experiment here and therer but this was my final solution and the only way to conduct a real test side by side. :tiptoe:

Ok test burn #2

PR 765 - although the flame was a little hotter than I like, and dances around quite a bit, and the burn pool might be a sprinkle hot as we continue testing further down into the jar, overall very nice. :cool2:

Eco 8 - burn #2 was going fine until about the last 1/2 hour when it trimmed itself again and almost went out; melt pool decreased and had like a nubby with a teeny tiny flame

CD10 - finally made a full melt pool but the wax literally stinks like just wax :-( I can't think of another way to describe it. Not overally impressed with this wick.

Burn #4 or 5 - for CD 12 = my notes are in the car sorry ----burned very nice with a nice burn pool but holy huge wick did the wick's flame move around a lot and become huge. The jar was becoming hot and the flame was larger than I like with a significant mushroom. However, not too deep of a melt pool. Whiffs of black soot would arise periodically. :shocked2:

Burn # 1 -

PR 755 - Well same result as the Ecos. Flame dimished and was burning very tiny with a nubby. About went out - melt pool dimished as the flame got smaller.

51-32-18 cotton core wick - well cheese and rice! This wick other than the huge mushroom did just fine. Achieved a full melt pool that was 1/4 " to 1/2 " deep. No smoking of the wick. May consider wicking down to a 44 cotton depending on how this burn goes. Overall one of the best results so far.

I know you should burn the testers all the way to the bottom, but I yanked out the PR 755 out of the tester and put a 760 thinking hmmm..... :undecided that's in between a 755 that was about to putter out and between a 765 that was just a tad too big I though.

Burn #1 - for Premier 760 - better than the 755 but the wick seems to be struggling and I am expecting the same result as the 755. Could be surprised though. Wick is starting to significantly mushroom.