Time to vent...

andrealh1975

I just need to get something off my chest....There seems to be a lot of "funny" business going on and people are NOT getting things that they paid for and/or traded. It's a shame that this is happening, especially since CT is a place where we all go to find help, ideas, friendship or whatever.

For those of you that are screwing people out of their HARD EARNED money, please know that it WILL come back to bite you in the ass!!! And I'm sure it's left a bad taste in a lot of our mouths. For those of us who ship things and are HONEST...It might not be a bad idea to pay the extra .45 cents to get a delivery confirmation, or whatever you decide to get, and send the tracking number to the person you shipped to. That way, they at least know it was shipped. Whether you're the buyer or sender, do whatever you need to do to cover your ass. It'll be a bit of a headache in the beginning, but will save time and/or money in the end.

Although we may pass up great deals, I say, buy from those you are sure about. If you've been buying/trading with someone since you started here and things are good, keep doing business with that person. I know it makes it bad for those who have never brought or sold here, especially when you're one of the honest ones.

I hope that everyone, including myself, will get negative situations resolved ASAP!!

Have a good day everyone.

Guest EMercier

AMEN TO THAT! I'm a bit leary of people, but I do take my chances and know I can depend on them to get me my stuff in a timely manner and I try to ask for confirmation or insurance. I sometimes forget, but I still get my stuff. It is ashame to see that happen. I've never had a problem on here, and I hope it continures that way. I do get a bit tired of seeing the issues, but it seems like it's something in the water. :wink2:

Andrea, did you try to get your money back? I know there's a way to do this if you paid by paypal and never received the goods. Leaving a negative review will help but doesn't necessarily solve the problem as they could always re-register under a different name.

Andrea is soooo right!!! I learned the hard way that you better have some proof you sent the box. I have sold a lot of things in the classifieds through the years and only once was I told the package never arrived.....there wasn't a thing I could do about it cause I mailed the package using stamps. There was no possible way to trace it doing it that way. I've said this before......don't put stamps on the package and drop it in the drop box, there is no proof you sent it. The person on the other end knows there is no way to trace or track it so it's easy for them to just say that it never got there. Sorry so many of you are having these problems. I just don't know how people sleep at night that do these things.

I really haven't had any problems on here but I did on ebay. You can't always get your money back through paypal. Only if the person has money in their account can paypal reimburse you. The scammer I bought from did it to many people and her account was emptied so paypal cannot do anything. I will give her credit in the end though-(she has done this more than once on ebay). Almost a year later she sent my money back.

I finally got scammed on Ebay about 4 months ago after buying and selling since 1999. I filed a complaint with Paypal and I only got 50% of my money back. I don't know how they came to that resolution, but the case is now listed as "closed" even though I didn't get all my money back or receive the product. It is a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil it for us all!!

When you think about it, taking into consideration that we don't know each other from adam, and have no real way of checking a credential even if one were to be supplied (other than the rantings boards) it's a dang miracle there haven't been more scams. In the real world, businesses get scammed all the time. Just to name one way, think of all the bad checks that people write daily. Businesses have to spend money to pursue those too. It's a sad, sad thing, and unfortunately, as this board gets bigger, so do the chances of getting screwed once or twice if you are going to do business here. Every caution in the real world applies here too ~ Be smart about your business dealings, and when you do finally take the risk and end up getting forked, don't be too surprised, it's sad, but probably not something we have very much control over in the end unless we just avoid participation in swapping activities whether it be for products or cash.