Ellipso cup ?

PixyStixGirl

Off topic but I love your labels! I would love to get some just to label my scents with but I dunno if having them made up would be worth it but the labels I'm using now keep falling off..is there a certain size you use and do they stay on well?

They do stay on well. Many here successfully label the sides of cups with a nice rectangular label but I was specifically looking for a label for the lid. It seems most people get labels at onlinelabel.com. I get mine at planetlabel.com. They are these:

http://www.planetlabel.com/labels/product/inkjet-laser/brown-kraft-labels-1-3-4-x-2-1-2-oval1/brown

I work at a big corporation and we are able to use nice, commercial printers for personal use and just pay for printing ourselves. I get to print a sheet of labels for 5 cents when I print black ink, which is what I chose anyway. I could also print in color for a bit more. I use the template (I have had to adjust some for different printers) on planetlabel as my starting point. Office Max/Depot type places quoted me 10 cents a sheet for black ink so that is another option for me. The Kraft paper that I use does best in a commercial printer. I printed a bunch and have been writing the scent name as I gift or sell but my preference is to print the scent name on. 2 of my Art Directors at work tell me that the fully printed labels make the melts not look handcrafted. I like how much neater they look, though so am still struggling with that decision. This is them fully printed:

post-14519-139458511923_thumb.jpg

A frilly font may look more handcrafted? Maybe not frilly but completely different from the other font. Have you tried color ink with the scent name?

They do stay on well. Many here successfully label the sides of cups with a nice rectangular label but I was specifically looking for a label for the lid. It seems most people get labels at onlinelabel.com. I get mine at planetlabel.com. They are these:

http://www.planetlabel.com/labels/product/inkjet-laser/brown-kraft-labels-1-3-4-x-2-1-2-oval1/brown

I work at a big corporation and we are able to use nice, commercial printers for personal use and just pay for printing ourselves. I get to print a sheet of labels for 5 cents when I print black ink, which is what I chose anyway. I could also print in color for a bit more. I use the template (I have had to adjust some for different printers) on planetlabel as my starting point. Office Max/Depot type places quoted me 10 cents a sheet for black ink so that is another option for me. The Kraft paper that I use does best in a commercial printer. I printed a bunch and have been writing the scent name as I gift or sell but my preference is to print the scent name on. 2 of my Art Directors at work tell me that the fully printed labels make the melts not look handcrafted. I like how much neater they look, though so am still struggling with that decision. This is them fully printed:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26389[/ATTACH]

Edited by ChandlerWicks

WHAT??!! A frilly font? Me? No way!! haha!

I know what you are saying. Fancier, not as plain. I really like a simple, clean look I know many here have color on their labels/fonts and elements (prim/and pictures but I want to keep mine really simple.

I like the black against the Kraft. My colors are muslin/cream, Kraft, black and denim. I tried navy ink for the scent name but I also am a perfectionist and I want the navy to be the same printing to printing and unless I have them done at a print shop, I cannot guarantee that. It also was not very distinguishable on the Kraft stock. It looked almost black.

Foe the one day art event at work this year I may go ahead and print them (or hand write sheets of scents at night while I watch television). That will still take me less time than bagging them up and tying with fabric ties as I did last year!