Breast Cancer Symbol

Hi!

After a friend of mine found out she had breast cancer, at only 37 years old, I have been tossing this idea around. I would like to make a cancer candle and donate the proceeds for cancer. Does anyone know if the pink ribbon is copyrighted? I thought it might look nice on the label. I'm thinking it probably is:sad2:

I am not sure if it is or not ....I didn't even think of it- to me it seems a public image that is universal in breast cancer awareness- but I may be totally wrong here

I have a candle in my line called "pink" made with pink sugar with the ribbon on the label and I donate 40% to our community horse show we do every August to where 75% of total proceeds goes to local hospitals for mammograms for the un-insured

My label company never questioned it...

I

The pink ribbon is big business. It is to support "Breast Cancer Awareness", not necessarily breast cancer research etc. It would not surprise me to find that it is a copyright/trademarked item. As well as that particular shade of pink.

Donating to breast cancer research or like moonshine mentioned, local hospitals to help pay for low income people would be something I would support. Sticking a pink ribbon on everything to fool you into thinking you are somehow helping, that would make me walk away.

You can watch the documentary "Pink Ribbons, Inc" to learn more.