Pumpkin for soaping

ksranch

I've been going through old threads on the board today looking for a good Pumpkin fo for soaping - seems Backwoods "Grammy's Yummy Punkin" or BW "Pumpkin Cornbread" get a lot of support in this area. Anyone have any others I should try? I don't currently order from BW, so if I do end up going for one of these then I should also ask if there are any other Fall/Holiday have to haves from them? :grin2:

I do not currently have any in my line up either as I was trying to narrow to just 5-6 suppliers.

My spreadsheets say that I liked/would reorder the following from BW (since I do not make B&B I have no idea if any of these are skin safe):

~Apple Gingersnap

~Cider and Sticks

~Fall Harvest (my notes say similar to Amish Quilt)

~Pumpkin Gingerbread

~Grammy's Yummy Punkin (I have some VERY nice notes about this one and that says a lot as I am very picky about Pumpkin FO's. Most have not passed my tests.)

I've been going through old threads on the board today looking for a good Pumpkin fo for soaping - seems Backwoods "Grammy's Yummy Punkin" or BW "Pumpkin Cornbread" get a lot of support in this area. Anyone have any others I should try? I don't currently order from BW, so if I do end up going for one of these then I should also ask if there are any other Fall/Holiday have to haves from them? :grin2:

I too am on the quest for better pumpkin FO. Sorry that I don't have anything to contribute BUT I hope this thread gets answered.

Wellington Fragrance company is said to be getting a newer Pumpkin FO in July so I'm anxious to try it once it gets added to their site. Any other recommendations? There was a Pumpkin Puree that someone had, but I think it was discontinued. All other Pumpkin FOs I've tried were either too heavy on the nutmeg and cinnamon or cloyingly sweet and unrealistic. Best of luck. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Never found a pumpkin I liked in CP soap until I was in a soap swap on the Dish and got the pumpkin pie from Pine Meadows. OMG it was so yummy with just the right amount of spice. I immediately had to buy it and make my own. It does accelerate and discolor, but if you soap cool oils, it's not too bad.

Alabaster use to have a Pumpkin Meadley that was nice.... Community Candles doesn't have it yet but I found a dupe at Scent It --haven't tried it. They also carry a Pumpkin(Pie type?) and Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone ordered from them?