Updated Square Seller Agreement

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in but since it involves business I thought this would be fitting. If not please accept my apologies and move it to a more appropriate forum.

I don't know how many of your are like me, an adamant supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but for those of you who are and in case you weren't aware of Square's revised Seller Agreement you might find it interesting that they've now included businesses that can no longer use Square to accept payments for:

(23) sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury

Since they've decided to participate in infringing on our Second Amendment rights I for one will be seeking another merchant services provider. It isn't like there isn't any competition.

Edited by classiccandle
Corrected misspelling

eI go through this cc thing about every 6 months. So far, I've resisted. We don't have wifi where my shop is and I don't have and WON'T have a smart/android phone.

With Propay, you can punch the credit card number in on a regular cell phone and get instant authorization. I think they say the money is in your account within 24-48 hours. I need to investigate it a bit further. It costs something like $49 year (far better than $100 a month to have a stupid smart phone), plus, as I recall, the swipe fees are in line with everyone else.

It will be over my dead body I pay even $50 a month for phone service. I despise talking on the phone and despise even more people who walk around with phones stuck in their ears. I seriously want to slap their empty heads off.

But that's a rant for another day. lolol

Guest OldGlory

You took the thoughts right outta my head Sliver. It's frightening how tied to their phones some people are - even scarier that these people get behind the steering wheel of a car and drive.

On the other hand, I do have an android phone, $49.95. Bought it at Kroger, I use the I-wireless plan for $27.97 a month ($25 plus various fees) and I have more than enough talk time and data time than I'll ever use. But I can add more on a month to month basis if I want. And it's thru Sprint. Under $30 a month works for me!

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in but since it involves business I thought this would be fitting. If not please accept my apologies and move it to a more appropriate forum.

I don't know how many of your are like me, an adamant supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but for those of you who are and in case you weren't aware of Square's revised Seller Agreement you might find it interesting that they've now included businesses that can no longer use Square to accept payments for:

(23) sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury

Since they've decided to participate in infringing on our Second Amendment rights I for one will be seeking another merchant services provider. It isn't like there isn't any competition.

Sheesh!!! These stupid people are lemmings following their master who is leading them off the cliff. As Sliver said ....Dumbasses!!! Pitiful that people cannot figure out what is going on here in this country.....it would be pretty damn scary if WE the People would have no way to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government such as we have now! I do believe that that is about the only reason they haven't taken us over, because they KNOW we would shoot their asses!!

I have square and after reading this I decided to sign up for Paypal. It won't let me finish the set up on my cell phone without entering my social security number. Even signing up as a business, it won't let me bypass the SS number with a Tax ID number. I'll call monday and see what's up with that but I WILL NOT give paypal and ebay my SS number.

I have square and after reading this I decided to sign up for Paypal. It won't let me finish the set up on my cell phone without entering my social security number. Even signing up as a business, it won't let me bypass the SS number with a Tax ID number. I'll call monday and see what's up with that but I WILL NOT give paypal and ebay my SS number.

I needed to make a new account for eBay and PayPal, so went ahead and did the initial stuff on home computer just now.

On PayPal, I made a business account as an individual and got through without a SS or tax ID. I do think somewhere along the line PayPal is going to want it cause of the new 1099 thing.

eBay just let me go right through.

ETA: Forgot to mention...Our other PayPal account had to have our SS cause we received one of those dandy 1099s last year.

Edited by jeanie353
additional

PayPal is the same as Square. This is included in PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy:

PROHIBITED ACTIVITES:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that relate to transactions involving:

2. ...(i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

My search continues...

PayPal is the same as Square. This is included in PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy:

PROHIBITED ACTIVITES:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that relate to transactions involving:

2. ...(i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

My search continues...

ewwww....I did not read any of that 'cause we've used them for such a long time. Dang it!! Am going to have to keep them for eBay and personal payments to classies, etc., but will def. look for another option for everything else.

ETA: Just thinking about this a little more....So then, PayPal is telling us we cannot use our own credit cards or debit cards on file with PayPal to purchase any of those type items, when our bank lets us purchase whatever we choose with our money.

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Russ & Friends;

I'm pretty sure that PayPal and eBay's policies are not due to a political "viewpoint" of their ownership. There are certain items including ammunition, all automatic and certain semi-automatic weapons and magazines which exceed a cartridge holding capacity that are by federal law unlawful to trade in.

A lot of states also have additional limitations and restrictions that exceed the federal regulations. I live in one of the worst states in the country when it comes to gun control. Many knife types and some "marshall arts" weapons are also regulated or illegal. Our shop is located in a farmers market and I don't believe a month passes that some vender isn't taken away in handcuffs for selling illegally made licensed products or unlawful or controlled weaponry.

Maryland was found in violation of the second amendment by it's VERY restrictive control over issuing permits to carry a concealed weapon. The practice continues despite the Supreme Court decision. The state police claim the flood of requests for gun permits has put a hard strain on their backround check personnel and it will take years to get "caught up". I have a friend who has a "permit to carry" in, I believe, five states, but his own state, where his business is, Maryland, is not on the list.

My brother moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania several years ago and had a concealed weapons permit within 4 months to carry in the commonwealth we grew up in! He told me where he lives; "Everyone's packin' !!!"

I don't blame PayPal or eBay. I've been an eBay member a long time and I was surprised at what they were selling when I started. There were so many shady quasi-dealers selling so much illegal stuff there they had to tighten down the screws.

I really think they only worry about making as much money as possible and avoiding litigations. I'm not sure about Square. I don't know them.

BTW; I'm now a pacifist, but if someone thinks they're going to come into this former Marine's home and due harm to me or mine . . . feel sorry for they're bullet ridden corpses.

JMO

Dave

I couldn't care less what their sorry excuse is. Guns and ammo are neither illegal nor nefarious.

What's next? Pressure cookers?

Of course it's political. Everything is political in one form or another.

That said, Paypal and Square are private entities and can do as they wish. So can I.

Edited by SliverOfWax

I just got a brilliant idea that would probably increase sales. I think I'll make a big ol' sign for my shop stating that I no longer accept credit cards because merchant services are now disallowing purchases of guns and ammo. And since I don't do business with anybody who tramples on my constitution, I've elected to not do credit card business anymore.

People would rush to my store to show their support.

puplaugh.gif