4627 Problem Need Help

I made some tarts yesterday out of 4327 the sticky stuff hoping to get tarts with a great smell.

Today I was going to burn one of them but they are all still sticky wax .

The Ct is very good. I was going to try one in my candle warmer.

Is this not agood wax for tarts????? I chose it because of the review about good scent throw.

Did I miss read something somehere? I added a little color and FO 1 oz to 8 oz....I know thats a lot but I love the scent

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Karen

ok I just melted the sticky tarts 6.45 oz is what I had left, put a little in the candle warmer, anywhay , someone gave me some 2645 so I put 4 oz of that together with the 6.45 of 4627...Added 1/2 ozof the same scent and poured just now.

What will I end up with? A monster?

Had no idea you needed to mix with that one. Gues I did'nt read well enough.

What does a normal person mix with 4627 to get nice smelling tarts?

ok I just melted the sticky tarts 6.45 oz is what I had left, put a little in the candle warmer, anywhay , someone gave me some 2645 so I put 4 oz of that together with the 6.45 of 4627...Added 1/2 ozof the same scent and poured just now.

What will I end up with? A monster?

Had no idea you needed to mix with that one. Gues I did'nt read well enough.

What does a normal person mix with 4627 to get nice smelling tarts?

I have NO idea. I do not know what 2645 is. If it happens to be 4625 you have a VERY good thing. I can hardly be considered a normal person but I would mix 4625 or 4794 with 4627 to get a great melt.

It is 4625, I only have a small amount purchased from a member here selling some 464 in the phx area.

I'll see how this turns out. am maybe buy some of it.

I also made some 6 oz mixing 464 and 415 in tins and 4 oz jars. The tops already look EXTREMELY bad. Guess that was not a good mix. i just want to find a receipe to make some nice candles in 8 oz jars and tarts, I read about the 415 and though tht would work, only bought sample bags so working thin till I find the right mix.

My idea was 415and 4627 for the great throw. I have some curing now so we'll see.

Thanks

For candles, its probably best not to mix 2 soy waxes together....try a 70/30 blend of 415 and 4627 and allow for cure time.

When making tarts, try a 50/50 blend of 4625 and 4627 and at 10% fo should be plenty for a great throwing melt...hth

Are you pouring the tarts in molds or in portion cups/clamshells? I make tarts only (no candles) and I use a 50/50 blend of 4625/4630, but I have made a couple of batches using the 4627 in place of the 4630. Because the 4627 is so sticky and soft, and considering the heat here in the Phx area, you probably should not use much more than 50% of that wax. When I tried using a 50/50 blend of 4625/4627, the tarts did hold up but they were tacky, which I didnt care for even though they are for personal use only.

I am not sure if you looking to use soy, but if not and If you decide that the 4627 is too sticky for your taste, I would personally suggest trying out the 4630. That combo makes a great tart (in my opinion). I too load them up with about a 10-11% FO load.

I bought some little 2.5 oz metal cups at walmart and used those for the 4627 tarts. And wondered why they would not come out of the tin after refrigerated. I to am in the Phx area, Scottsdale. I woll get some 4630 and try it. Don't have clamshells and the small shot cups were not available at walmart so maybe I will find something else. I've got to say I thought Soy was the way to go on candles but I'm liking this parrfin stuff......

If you need some tart molds try Candlesource.com....his shipping is very reasonable (click on shipping options, use small flat rate box). He also has some very good, affordable oils. Throw a few samples in with your tart molds : ) Some that throw great in soy and parasoy are...

Grapefruit

Caribbean Coconut

Pink Sugar

Butt Naked

South Pacific Sea

Spicy Apples & Peaches

I know you dont care for bakery so these are some that you may like...hth

Why not mix 4625 and 4630 to make tarts instead of 4627 and one of them. There are so many choices.... Is it because of the scent throw?

Thanks

KAren

4625 blends nicely with 4630 OR 4627.

Some prefer the consistency and ease to work with of 4630. Some make container candles with one or the other so to multipurpose one also for melts makes good business sense.

It is 4625, I only have a small amount purchased from a member here selling some 464 in the phx area.

I'll see how this turns out. am maybe buy some of it.

I also made some 6 oz mixing 464 and 415 in tins and 4 oz jars. The tops already look EXTREMELY bad. Guess that was not a good mix. i just want to find a receipe to make some nice candles in 8 oz jars and tarts, I read about the 415 and though tht would work, only bought sample bags so working thin till I find the right mix.

My idea was 415and 4627 for the great throw. I have some curing now so we'll see.

Thanks

I'm playing around with a container blend of 4627/415 now. IMO, it makes a nice candle with good HT as long as I keep the 415 @ 25% or below.

That what I weant is the best scent throw for candles and am still on the fence for tarts.

Thanks for the help

I think you might like the blend since you've already thought about using it. For tarts, scent detection is so subjective but there have been some good combos listed in the thread.

Yes I've been reading these threads over and over trying to decide so I think I have my answer,

You all have been very helpful, I really appreciate it.

Karen

NP....This forum is wonderful for people helping people. Hope both waxes work out for you. If you want to, keep us informed :)