Need Help tracking myl testing

I'm trying to track all of my testing and am getting overwhelmed with my ownnotes.

Does anyone have a better way?

I am using 4627 with 415 at different measurements as well as the wicks , heat and pour temp.

My brain is getting confused,

Any help appreciated.

karinz40 :cool2:

Edited by karinz40

I cannot imagine doing this and not tracking! I use spreadsheets. I have them for waxes, FO's, my blends and more. I actually have one spreadsheet with a BUNCH of tabs. Even FO's I have chosen but what I will name them. I keep them simple. Depending on the specifics of your testing, you can add date, waxes used, blend rate, FO's tested (and many more as relevant) and I leave a big column for notes.

My spreadsheets have helped me be able to help others, made my wax blend decisions much more than "I think I liked that one once" and they have kept me from buying the same FO's over and over (because I have started to a number of times!). The bad part is that it does constantly remind me of the dozens of waxes and hundreds of FO's I have tried. haha! Oh. Another things is that I track my costs this way as well. I know (including shipping costs of supplies to me) what every single wax cup I make costs me. Helped me know how to price for friends of my friends and family who smelled mymelts and wnted to buy some.

I also print a spreadsheet for my testers that goes in with their test melts so that they can organize their assessments/comments. Otherwise, I get non-helpful comments back like, "I liked them all. They were great. Thanks".

ok I have that program and will try it,

At the moment I'm using a small yellow tablet and don't have the room to put everything so I end up with several pages for just one test and no room the the results without going to another page......

Thank you

No problem. I cannot share a spreadsheet here (not that I will not, it does not make allowance to attach a file) but if you get stuck, PM me and we can exchange email addresses and I can try and help through that.

Just go to open new workbook and decide what items you wish running across or down the left of the spreadsheet and start filling in detail.

It can become addicting! You will be documenting and detailing all kinds of things! I cannot imagine how I would keep all I have on a little notebook and be able to make sense of it. I think it is best that the spreadsheet forces me to have lines and boxes! haha!

I am a believer that physical clutter creates mental clutter. The thought of having all of this on a bunch of paper, post-its and such makes me feel out of control and overwhelmed. Having everything all tucked away on my spreadsheets makes me feel organized and prepared.