Wedding Favors

If the candles are going to be used on the tables where people eat, you want to steer away from anything scented. While it's nice to think of the area lightly scented with a scent that matches the brides overall design, it will reek havoc on your taste buds.

I can not burn anything scented within an hour of eating or it makes me sick to my stomach. Being a trained Chef and Baker I have a stronger palate than many, but a floral scent can make the most delicious food taste off, or worse, have no taste at all, even a chemical aftertaste.

Maybe something pretty, different colored pillars and votives in displays that match the colors etc, but I wouldn't use scent.

Okay, then that's much better to use scents!

First you need to establish how many items and how much she wants to spend. Over the years in my role as a cake designer for weddings I have been asked many times to make individual favors. However, once the costs are added up people usually back down because they want "small", which means cheap. In my line of work the smaller an item is, the more time is spent, so it's never cheap.

You could do small votives with a straight sided votive container. You can buy them in cases of 16 or so at Michaels and use a 40% off coupon to make them cheaper overall. That could be simply wrapped with cello and a corresponding ribbon and maybe a pretty hangtag (scrapbook style).

Or even pour a container candle into the small votive container, Michaels has several other votive shapes that are cute. I made a couple for a gift basket that were ball shaped with a fluted opening. They were cute, and my wick set up already worked in that size and they just happened to fit in the Kraft boxes I already had on hand, so it was a little more fancy item without having to test something completely new.

People like visuals, so maybe have her look at Michaels and see if she likes any of the small containers. You could also do a little gift box of scented tealights and then the bride can correspond with her ribbons etc.

I'm pretty sure that Nature's Garden has a "Wedding day" fragrance that people describe as a Spring wedding floral smell. I just received "Country Garden" as a free sample from my Peak's order last week and that one is on my short list to pour this week. It's a nice flower scent, kind of like when you put wildflowers in a vase and the scent fills the room, not filled with the high powdery notes that give you a brain freeze headache. :wink2: