Getting a fragrance copy

mtt

I have gone thru a company to get a fragrance match that a customers wants and they only asked for my state tax Id number. I have a customer that got a candle while in France and wanted the fragrance dupe to make candles for there shop. They are a wholesale customer. Found a company that made it and now are asking me for a Federal Tax ID. Does anyone know where you can get a dupe made without a federal tax ID? I told them they could charge tax on the fragrance but they will not do it. HELP!!!!! The company that I have dealing with before has gone out of business.

Edited by mtt

tried to reply but your PM box is full.

Not sure why they'd need a tax id number to replicate an FO, but you should be able to give then your EIN or FEIN number you aquired with the IRS when you applied for your business license. If you haveen't already done that, you can request just an EIN. Try that. If that doesn't work. You might be out of luck.

Just out of curiousity, which manufacturer did you go to and what minimum did you have to purchase in order to have your fragrance replicated?