Pillar and container sales - need veteran help!

Michdj

I'm prepping my inventory for the summer/fall craft fairs and I was wondering if I could get some advice from veterans.

1. What is your best selling pillar size? I was considering 3x6 or 3x4.5". Does either sell well?

2. I've seen conflicting advice on container sizes? I'm pouring Status and Elevation jars. What's your best-selling size (regardless of the type of jar you use)? 8oz, 12oz, 16oz, or 21+? Or do people just gravitate to the cheapest one?

Thanks!

Michelle

My best-selling pillar size is 3x6 and jar is 8 oz square mason. People do not always gravitate to the cheapest ones. No matter what you offer, there will ALWAYS be a customer out there that will want to buy the larger size if you have it in stock. :) Wishing you the very best on your craft fairs and hope you sell bunches! :)

Anyone else on pillar sales? I'm torn between offering them and not.

My Amish Farmer's Market shop is quite blue collar. We have no sales on pillars of any size. We move containers (8 oz / JJ's) and melts principally. A show or event may mean a different customer base though. Pillars could attract customers to your stand, too. I don't see any reason why you would not want to try some. There are no absolutes in this racket.

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

• 1 month later...
Guest OldGlory

While Dave is right about 'no absolutes', ...

I live in rural east TN in a tourist area, and the locals and visitors both love the fall festivals. I still have the pillars I made for the last festival in which I participated - 3 years ago. I didn't sell a single pillar. I only made them in my 2 best selling fragrances, and did the rustic look which fits my area best. Nada.

Like the others above, my 8 oz jars sell the best. Primitive looking jars or tins.

I make pillars because I like them. So I have a few different sizes but they do not sell well. People love the look, but they just don't sell well. I think they add to your display and bring people into your booth. If they don't sell, I just put them away for the next year or burn them myself. They also make great gifts. I keep inventory on all my craft shows and Farmers Market.... it changes every year and I finally figured out I just need to make a bit of everything and go from there.

Cindy