Need help finding a scent!

I live in a historic New England town and the local Historical Society has asked me to create a candle (and scent) just for them. They have very definite ideas about the kind of scent they are interested in. I'm not in 100% agreement with this choice but, of course I'm happy to comply! They are looking for an earthy, woody kind of a scent. Kind of a mix of old barn, hay, dirt etc. I've tried different kinds of combinations but I'm not happy with the results. I want to please them but it also needs to appeal to the general public. My latest attempt is straight Cedar wood from Bittercreek, but I'm hoping for something with a little more depth. Any ideas or insights would be much appreciated!

Have no idea how the 2 mixed together would be but BCN hayride would give you the hay scent (I use this for a couple "horsey" blends and CS cedar wood vanilla would be a good match to old barn- that's what I get out of it anyway and maybe the vanilla mixed in there would give it a historic "homey" feel

• 2 weeks later...
Have no idea how the 2 mixed together would be but BCN hayride would give you the hay scent (I use this for a couple "horsey" blends and CS cedar wood vanilla would be a good match to old barn- that's what I get out of it anyway and maybe the vanilla mixed in there would give it a historic "homey" feel

I think this would work also