wicks for 6oz tins

Hi,I'm back making candles.

I was wondering any good suggestions for wicks for the Golden 464 soy wax in 6 oz tins?

I'm about to order.I have the Eco 10's already, trying some CSN 14's, maybe go up one wick on ECO 10, since I use higher FO's %.

Thank you and I'm excited :drool:

Hi,I'm back making candles.

I was wondering any good suggestions for wicks for the Golden 464 soy wax in 6 oz tins?

I'm about to order.I have the Eco 10's already, trying some CSN 14's, maybe go up one wick on ECO 10, since I use higher FO's %.

Thank you and I'm excited :drool:

CD wicks. Get the sample pack it comes with 5 wicks of each size. That way you can test and see which wick size is correct.

I use Ecosoya CB-Xcel, and have had a lot of success with HTP93 wicks in the 6oz tins -- assuming you are talking about the deep ones rather than the flat ones. With some oils, I do drop it down to HTP83. I've also tested with CSN and ECO wicks, but both had too much hang. HTP93s sometimes leave a little hang, but I find I get better melting and consumption if I fill only to the crimp line, which is about 110g to 120g. If I fill it too full, it does seem to tunnel a bit. I believe this is because the heat isn't enough to get to the edges when the flame is exposed to side drafts (every room has a little draft in it). We average about 35 hours of burn time, with none burning less than 30 and some fragrances burning more than 40. We recently consolidated our offering to only have the 6oz tins, and it working well (we used to have 4oz, 6oz and 8 oz tins, which created inventory headaches).

Anyway, you might want to give the HTP wicks a try if you are having any problems with the ECO or CSN wicks.