Hot Warmers killing the HT!

FaithfulScenter

As you all know, I've been pouring, and testing, and testing, and pouring. I've noticed in my Illumination warmer, nothing last as long as I would like. I was wondering if it was just the warmer, so I pulled out some of my old formula's, they only lasted 1-2 hours! So I think that 8-12 with the new wax is FANTASTIC!!! :yay: I also got Sugar Cookie (MW) and Daystars Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie (I'm renaming Blackberry Flapjacks) to go for almost 18 in a regular bulb warmer.:drool: I'm working on pouring some other scents now, Amish Quilt & Warm Vanilla Nutmeg from AH/RE, Fall Festival from MW, NG's Apple Mango, and my Sunshine, we'll see how these do. I don't currently carry any Candle Warmers melters, with these results I probably won't. Just thought I'd update on my testing progress!! :grin2:

Made this decision myself this weekend. While I like the instant scent that I get in my CandleWarmers brand plate/dish/combo warmer, some of my tried and true melts that I also get 12-24 hours in a bulb warmer give me just a few hours in the those. I noticed that one of them is getting particularly hot. The wax in it smells completely absent of scent and almost like over-hot or burned wax in no time.

I am getting another bulb warmer and plan to pack up these candle/plate/combo warmers. I hesitate to give to friends who I give my melts because of the poor performance.

I've been testing with plug in/nightlight style warmers that have a 15 watt bulb, and I'm getting some fo's lasting several days with this type of warmer. It only holds about 1.5 oz of wax, but I do like the longevity I'm getting with some of the fragrances. That's interesting that the hotter warmers aren't lasting as long- there are so many factors to consider, aren't there?

Right now I'm testing a blend if 75% tcs tart wax and 25% 4633. Its the first blend I've tried in a while that made it to my stage 2 of testing: adding Color! I'm not sure what the best temp would be, I have 3 bulb Warmer's, one is a 40 watt bulb, one is 25, and the other is 15 watts. I also have a plate style warmer. It doesn't seem to burn out the scent as fast as the Illumination warmer. Its got a halogen bulb in it and the scent burns out in no time. So many differeent factors they will all make you head spin!!

Edited by FaithfulScenter