ISO of wood type fragrance

Karen M

I have heard of KY lumberjack at AH/RE, but what other wood scents are out there, I am looking for a wood scent that smells like fresh sawed wood, sawdust type, you know what I mean?

Which ones have you tried that remind you of a wood shop??

TIA

I have heard of KY lumberjack at AH/RE, but what other wood scents are out there, I am looking for a wood scent that smells like fresh sawed wood, sawdust type, you know what I mean?

Which ones have you tried that remind you of a wood shop??

TIA

SOS has Timber (think dry barnwood) Sawdust (light powdery) and Plywood (pine wood + glue) as well as a few others. For your needs I'd recommend Timber with a hint of Thyme added for that dry freshly cut smell.

Edited by rctfavr3

I like "Clean Pine" from Gemlite. I use it straight and in blends. It does not smell to me like most other pines. It's very refreshing and unlike Pinesol, ect. It has a light but noticable throw. I have a woodworking shop. When I sniff the bottle it "transports" me there.

You might not be able to access the site, depening on your browser, but Robin Cheng (He's a guy.) is the owner of the company and will be glad to take your order by phone and email a list of his products.

Robin sells many essential oils too along with soaper supplies, but I'm not sure if the Clean Pine FO is body safe or not. I only produce candles. Please remember that fragrance preferences are VERY subjective. Gemlite has several woody-type fragrances, but Clean Pine is my favorite.

I think the $3.00 per pound price might be an unfair influencing factor. That was the price I have been paying for it for years! The last I bought was November 2012.

As long as your shopping there, don't hesitate to get the following;

These sell VERY well for us both straight and on blends; The prices on these are as low as $7.00 per pound!!!

Pina Colada

Sugar Cookie

Fresh Air (AWESOME Throw!!!)

Fresh & Clean (SUPERB!!!)

Neroli (Out if Stock during my last order???)

Cherry

Orange Juice

Sweat Pea

Lilac

Lavender

Green Apple

There are other fragrances I buy from this seller, but I have had some dissapointments too.

I won't be buying Mulberry, French Vanilla or Cinnamon-based oils from there again.

They do sell sample size bottles.

They also sell "DPG" ($3.00 Lb.) and the very usefull "DPM" -Dowanol it was either $4 or $5 per lb. on my last order.

Link to Gemlite: http://www.ipmiplc.com/gemlite/index.html

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles